Senior Full-Stack Marketer (Fast-Growing UK Podcast Tech Company)
We’re on the lookout for an inquisitive, senior full-stack marketer to join the team building Captivate.fm, our fast-growing podcast hosting, analytics and marketing platform.
Working directly with our CEO Mark and our marketing coordinator & content creator Rachel, the perfect candidate is a self-motivated, highly experienced, proven full-stack marketer ideally with experience in a fast-growing SaaS business.
The right person will be responsible for strategising and implementing all marketing activities, comfortable in a fast-paced industry and confident in being accountable for growth targets and ROI.
Key skills & qualifications
As this is a full-stack role within a fast-growing SaaS company, we’re looking for someone with a breadth of applicable knowledge who can apply that knowledge to continue to accelerate the company growth.
We are not looking for someone that is good at everything, but you must be able to make confident decisions on how to spend your time, money and other resources in order to maximize user acquisition, engagement and retention plus, enough knowledge of the below to design & implement scalable strategies that work.
You must be able to prove your experience in growing and retaining a paid userbase.
- Social media: Understand how to create a community and drive engagement around the most relevant social networks. Understand how content resonates and drives sharing. Know how to connect with influential people in these networks. BONUS: proven capability in growing YouTube or podcast channels.
- SEO: Must have experience driving traffic via targeted keywords, link building and on-page optimisations.
- Email marketing: Be able to generate email address signups using permission marketing. Understand how to drive customer engagement and reconnect with customers using email. Be able to manage and segment lists over time.
- Public relations/partner marketing: You must be able to get the attention of bloggers, journalists and other influential partners/potential affiliates relevant to the podcasting market; you must build and nurture these relationships in order to generate profitable relationships for all parties.
- Content marketing: Strategise & create content that is appropriate to our audience and generate traffic, engagement and signups based on this content. Blogs, podcasts, video, webinars and more are all on the table.
- Analytics: You have a good understanding of web analytics and know how to set up and use web analytics tools to measure & inform your marketing strategies.
- A/B testing and landing page optimization: Experience working to analyse gaps in conversion rate optimisation (CRO) and signup flows and tweak, test and measure to improve.
- Business development: Identify and secure strategic partnerships in order to accelerate our growth.
- Product marketing: Working with the UX and engineering team to build effective engagement, retention and referral mechanics into the product.
- Copywriting: You will be able to create high-converting sales copy for the products.
- Marketing funnel design & implementation
- Paid digital marketing: Confident designing and implementing PPC/paid social campaigns.
- Positioning and differentiation: Quickly learn to understand the market, our brand and platform and how to position and differentiate our product within the space.
- Data-driven decision making: You must be comfortable analysing data to inform your next strategic decision and acting pragmatically when implementing your marketing.
Since tactics and strategies may change rapidly, what’s important is that you stay informed and adapt to these changes by applying a test, measure and learn methodology to your marketing process.
Nice to have (any of the following)
- Podcast industry experience
- Public speaking experience
- Design experience
- Web development overview knowledge
- Social media marketing experience
- £40,000 – £50,000 salary DOE
- Generous annual leave allowance
- Frequent international travel to places including New York City, Los Angeles and Orlando
- Huge progression potential for the right person
- Regular team perks including days out, evenings out and beer drops
- Flexible working hours
- Remote working options
- Fancy laptop and iPad
Ideally based locally to Rebel Base Media or UK-based with commuting options for infrequent get togethers.
United States based is also an option, don’t be put off if you’re in the US 🙂